Monday, November 22, 2010
Demoooo
I was pretty nervous before I actually presented my demo, but after I got going it wasn't that bad. I think that my demo want prety smoothly, and the experts didn't have much constructive criticism for me. I don't believe that they fully understood Duane's pop-up concept or his question idea for his game and I don't think they should have given him such a hard ime about it. Answering the questions for my game was pretty easy because I have already thought of how my game is going to play out and what kind of gameplay will be involved. I do not plan to make any changes to my game. The one idea suggested to me was to make the game more interactive. Example: The player would need to figure out what kind of medical needs the character needed. I don't like the idea, it's not what I had planned out from the beggining. Plus, it is too much like Virtual Villagers. This experience has made me realize that no matter what the experts say, it is still my game in the end. So I still choose what happens and how I make it work. I hope the others realize this too, because honestly some of the suggestions made to my classmates took away from their game. Other than that the whole thing went pretty well. It was really nice to finally meet Larry T! :D And thank you for the calendar, it's really nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Val,
ReplyDeleteGreat presentation! Enjoyed meeting you and all your classmates. Looking forward to seeing your final game. Keep up the good work!