Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Topic please.

 I'm Valerie and I've decided to make my blog about survival skills on a deserted island. The players boat will land on an island and the player will have to make tough choices in order to survive. Other people that are on the island will get sick and the player will have to go and find medicine for them. The player will also have to build a shelter, find water, and help keep order on the island while they are waiting to be rescued. The links the I posted here on Blogger will help me research the survival topic by giving me the information I need to accurately make scenarios that could happen in real life. I'll need to know items needed to build a shelter correctly and how many days humans can go without water. One of the links also shows how people can travel via the stars at night. I'm not sure how I will incorporate that into my game, but I thought that was a pretty cool survival technique.

7 comments:

  1. I really like your idea Val! It sounds like its going to be a really good game. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds super entertaining and I would definitely play a game like this. Plus you're really good with computers, so I'm sure it will turn out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it will be a interesting game to play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cool topic that is probably going to create a killer game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound good, Valerie. There are many survivor type games out there already; so you will want to make original scenarios.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Valerie, this is a great idea. I spent 10 years living on remote tropical islands and I look forward to your strategies for survival. While I was never in true survival mode, there were times when I am sure your ideas would have been of use. Also, good job on the links to the topic!

    ReplyDelete