Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tiny games

I was pretty excited to start making the minigame. It wasn't very hard at all, it was just a lot of things to understand at one time. I started to think about how I'm going to code my game. I can already tell that it is going to be a lot of work, and I might have to re-think what I want to do in my game. The best part about making this mini game is the fact that we got to work along with Mrs.Smith and she explained everything as we went along. It really helped me understand what each code did. Another good thing is the fact that I never knew how to use flash before. I had only used the program three times in my old Digital Imaging class, so I was pretty excited about learning something new. I think it's pretty cool how we learned to make the game keep score as well. The only bad thing about the mini game is that it is kind of generic. The graphics we worked with weren't that great, but I suppose I shouldn't complain because it was our first game. Since my game is going to mostly a picking game, where you pick either one choice or the other, I'm not sure if I will use any of these concepts in my game.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Val! You will be creating your own graphics; so they should not be so generic. You will be using a lot of if () then do this types of statements in your game. Probably you will be dropping characters with a mouse onto the items they choose. You will want to keep them onstage. So, you can see that you will be using many of the concepts in the Mini Game in whatever game you design. You may not need keyboard movement, but you might need your character to jump with the up arrow or to quit with the Q key. Who knows? The entire world will be your stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the image you used for this blog! I agree with it being generic, but oh well because it's only our first game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, a great, informative post! I really enjoyed reading it. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete